Forum o morzu BEZ CENZURY! - opinie internautów Strona Główna o morzu BEZ CENZURY! - opinie internautów

Forum użytkowików serwisów: eMorze.pl polishSEA.com, jurata.com, jastarnia.com,
jastrzebia-gora.com, karwia.com, rewal.com, ustka.com,
wladyslawowo.com, krynicamorska.com, miedzyzdroje.com

FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

stymied the Cardinals

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum o morzu BEZ CENZURY! - opinie internautów Strona Główna -> Zasady, porady, prośby, informacje
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
linzhihong18

PostWysłany: Czw Sie 23, 2018 9:27 am    Temat postu: stymied the Cardinals Odpowiedz z cytatem

Nathan Shepherd was out of school and away from the football field for two years Authentic Jose Ramirez Jersey , working side jobs to try to earn some money.

The big defensive lineman from Canada spent long hours toiling at a plant nursery, a printing factory and also eventually doing electrical construction. The whole time, football tugged at his heart.

Four years later, Shepherd was selected in the third round of the NFL draft by the New York Jets 鈥?the latest stop in what has been a football journey marked by uncertainty and perseverance.

"It honestly brought me to the point where I had to look myself in the mirror and decide how much football meant to me," the former Fort Hays State star said during a conference call Saturday night. "It was just one of those loves that I couldn't get over. It became a matter of, do whatever you have to do to make your dreams come true."

The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Shepherd was the first Division II player selected in this year's draft. He was also the Jets' only pick on the second day of the draft after New York took USC quarterback Sam Darnold at No. 3 overall pick on Thursday night.

Shepherd, a native of Ontario, Canada, turns 25 in October and is considered quite a bit raw because of his time away from the game and the level at which he played his college ball. He adds depth to the Jets' defensive line after they cut defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson during the offseason.

"He might be slightly older than your average prospect," general manager Mike Maccagnan said. "He's got a bit of a different story than most guys, but he is Lamar Jackson Youth Jersey , what we felt, is a very talented guy with a lot of upside. We still think he's got a lot of football left in him."

Shepherd wondered that about himself just a few years ago, when a shot at the NFL seemed highly unlikely.

He was a 205-pound linebacker in high school, but was urged by one of his coaches to gain some weight so he could play at the next level. Shepherd redshirted his first season at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia and gained 45 pounds during that time.

He started the following season, but then couldn't afford to remain in school.

"I was looking at it in six-month intervals," Shepherd recalled. "Every six months after a semester, I was like, OK, this semester I'm going to go somewhere and it didn't happen. Then, I was like, this semester, you're going to go somewhere. So Ender Inciarte Jersey , really, I wasn't looking at it like a two-year span. I was just like, my shot is right around the corner."

It took two years, but Shepherd eventually found his way to Fort Hays State in Hays, Kansas, where he walked on to the football team.

He was back. And so was his NFL dream.

"For him, it's great he was determined to make money and go to work and go back to school because he was driven is outstanding," Jets coach Todd Bowles said. "Obviously, things happen in the real world that you have to take responsibility for. He took his responsibility, he was driven to go back and he made something of himself.

"I'm actually proud of the guy."

Shepherd immediately became a starter for the Tigers and ended up being selected as an All-America his last two seasons. He was the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association defensive player of the year as a senior and finished his three-year career at Fort Hays with 168 tackles, including 27 for loss, and 10 sacks.

No more flowers or electrical work these days.

"Man Cheap Dante Pettis Jersey , it's surprising," Shepherd said. "I just feel blessed. Rewarding? Yeah, just seeing all that hard work, it feels like this experience is kind of like back pay for everything I was doing back when."

__

straight loss.

Playing their 3,000th game under manager Mike Scioscia, the Angels trailed 2-1 before using three hits, three walks and a hit batter to take control against the free-falling Orioles.

After Mychal Givens (0-6) issued a pair of one-out walks, Pujols tied it with his 632nd career double, tying David Ortiz for 10th place on the all-time list. An intentional walk followed, and the go-ahead run scored when Chris Young hit into a force play at third base.

Tanner Scott hit Martin Maldonado with a pitch to force in a run, and David Fletcher capped the uprising with a two-run single.

The major league-worst Orioles have five losing streaks of at least six games, are 0-15 against the AL West and have lost 17 of 18 at home.

Justin Anderson (2-2) pitched 1 1/3 innings to earn the win.

REDS 12 Braden Smith Youth Jersey , BREWERS 3

CINCINNATI (AP) – Reliever Michael Lorenzen hit the second grand slam by a Reds pitcher in a week, and Cincinnati snapped a seven game losing streak.

Lorenzen’s pinch-hit grand slam off Jacob Barnes in the seventh inning completed an eight-run rally – Cincinnati’s biggest of the season. Lorenzen’s fifth career homer drew a curtain call from the crowd of 24,640.

The reliever has homered in his last three at-bats. He also connected Friday during Milwaukee’s 8-2 win.

Tyler Mahle struck out a career-high 12 batters in 5 2/3 innings, three shy of the Reds’ rookie record. David Hernandez (3-0) pitched the top of the seventh.

The Reds fanned 18 batters, a club record for a nine-inning game.

Mike Zagurski (0-1) took the loss in his first major league appearance since 2013.

Eric Thames hit his 14th home run in 22 career games against Cincinnati.

BRAVES 11, CARDINALS 4

ST. LOUIS (AP) – Nick Markakis hit a grand slam, Max Fried took a shutout into the seventh inning and Atlanta beat St. Louis.

The Braves have won the first two games of the three-game set. The Cardinals have dropped three in a row.

Fried (1-2) stymied the Cardinals on 101 pitches before being pulled with two outs in the seventh. Recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett to start the game, he struck out 11, allowed four singles and walked three.

Luke Weaver (4-7) went 4 2/3 innings, giving up 10 runs on eight hits, walking two and striking out five. He gave up homers to Markakis in his final inning and a two-run shot to Ronald Acuna Jr. in the second.

Powrót do góry
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum o morzu BEZ CENZURY! - opinie internautów Strona Główna -> Zasady, porady, prośby, informacje Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do:  
Możesz pisać nowe tematy
Możesz odpowiadać w tematach